Posted on 8th April 2020 at 12:27
We are all spending a lot more time in our homes. Here are some simple things you can do to minimise risks of electrical shocks, fires, and accidents.
Electrical risks at home
If you have unprotected contact with electricity it can cause a shock and burns, which could be fatal.
Household electrical accidents, including electrocutions and electrical fires, cause around 70 deaths and 350,000 injuries each year in the UK, according to the Electrical Safety Council (ESC). Almost half of accidental house fires in Britain are caused by electricity.